Job Title: Drafter I
Reports to: Project Manager
Summary of Position:
Responsible for the completion of Noise Barriers, design projects using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following description is intended to be a general summary of the duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not all inclusive and may change from time to time.
- Design of NBL projects in 2D and 3D CAD formats. Primary software used is AutoCAD.
- CAD design of subcomponents for manufacturing.
- Review new project scope with Project Lead and Salesman as assigned.
- Collaborate with Project Management to ensure timely and accurate release of submittals, revisions, and drawings for Production.
- Generate bills of material as required for release of new projects to manufacturing.
- Responsible for the quality checking and accuracy of drawings and/or bills of material prepared by themselves.
- Coordinate any design changes with Project Lead, Sales, and Production to ensure project is shipped with correct 'As Built' drawings.
- Assist in new product development.
Knowledge and Skill
- Certificate in technical drafting and software or equivalent industrial, mechanical, or engineering field unless validated skills and experience can appropriately offset education to some extent.
- Experience using 2D and 3D software such as AutoCAD and Inventor
- Time management skills
- People skills for working with all levels in the organization.
- Efficient computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances, stoop, bend and reach is also required.
- Ability to work well with high volume of stress.
- May require incumbent to work additional hours when needed, with little or no notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Drafting: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote