QuietMod™ Engine Generator Enclosures - GFX Data Center
The Problem Solvers QuietMod™ Engine Generator Acoustical Enclosures
GFX Data Center for the Chicago Board of Trade in Winfield, Illinois needed a solution for preventing noise from their standby engine generators that were disturbing neighbors and a nearby High School.
The Project Parameters:
- Our scope of work on each enclosure included:
- Design including drawings for Architectural Review and Permit stamped by a PE registered in Illinois
- Enclosures including structural steel framework, acoustical floors, wall and ceiling panels, six (6) 8’ x 8’ double leaf STC 51 QuietSwing doors, and quantity four (4) 3’ x 7’ single leaf STC 51 QuietSwing doors with hardware.
- Intake and exhaust acoustical plenum/silencers consisting of 4” thick QuietMod H/H-50 acoustical panel floors, walls and ceiling and 15” baffle absorption panels with automated shutters.
- One enclosure measures 132’ long x 30’ wide x 15’ high and houses nine (9) Cummins Engine Generator
- The other enclosure measures 120’ long x 30’ wide x 15’ high and houses eight (8) Cummins Engine Generators.
The Noise Barriers Solution:
The General Contractor had purchased a similar enclosure from another vendor and was not happy with the quality and cost to install it so was looking for another vendor. Noise Barriers reps Todd and Steve Mitchell of Noise Barriers visited with the GC to review the requirements and developed a better design for the enclosures.
This project was a success because we employed a deep team approach with members from multiple areas of expertise all of whom understood the final goal and worked together to achieve it.
Imlay City High School in Imlay City Michigan needed a high STC rated sliding door to separate the scene shop from the stage.
Sound control doors for a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility project at a US Air Force Base. The name of the facility is classified and cannot be shared. The project required sound control doors that met ICD/ICS 705, Version 1.4 calling for Sound Group 3 and Sound Group 4 rating.
The MIND Laboratory space consists of modular acoustically treated and electrically shielded chambers constructed from pre-engineered QuietGuard Modular panel systems including wall and ceiling panels, QuietSwing doors, QuietLite windows, and QuietAir silenced ventilation systems.
Telemundo's contractor, Restorations Unlimited contacted Noise Barriers' local rep, Tony Handley of Hollywood, Florida. to assist with sound stage doors.
The Homeland Security Training Center (HTC) is a 39,714 sq ft training facility that reached out to Noise Barriers o address two main issues including noise control and safety related to the firing range.