QuietMod Engine Generator Enclosures - GFX Data Center
The Problem Solvers QuietMod Engine Generator Acoustical Enclosures
GFX Data Center for the Chicago Board of Trade in Winfield, Illinois needed a solution for preventing noise from their standby engine generators that were disturbing neighbors and a nearby High School.
The Project Parameters:
- Our scope of work on each enclosure included:
- Design including drawings for Architectural Review and Permit stamped by a PE registered in Illinois
- Enclosures including structural steel framework, acoustical floors, wall and ceiling panels, six (6) 8’ x 8’ double leaf STC 51 QuietSwing doors, and quantity four (4) 3’ x 7’ single leaf STC 51 QuietSwing doors with hardware.
- Intake and exhaust acoustical plenum/silencers consisting of 4” thick QuietMod H/H-50 acoustical panel floors, walls and ceiling and 15” baffle absorption panels with automated shutters.
- One enclosure measures 132’ long x 30’ wide x 15’ high and houses nine (9) Cummins Engine Generator
- The other enclosure measures 120’ long x 30’ wide x 15’ high and houses eight (8) Cummins Engine Generators.
The Noise Barriers Solution:
The General Contractor had purchased a similar enclosure from another vendor and was not happy with the quality and cost to install it so was looking for another vendor. Noise Barriers reps Todd and Steve Mitchell of Noise Barriers visited with the GC to review the requirements and developed a better design for the enclosures.
This project was a success because we employed a deep team approach with members from multiple areas of expertise all of whom understood the final goal and worked together to achieve it.
Noise Barriers installed two QuietSlide power sliding STC 51 doors in tandem to guarantee the performance of the project.
The Dave Ramsey Show had a need for a custom broadcast studio that be viewable from the adjacent Baker Street Coffee shop.
PriceSmart Wholesale Clubs made the decision to offer hearing and vision screenings in several locations across Guatemala. QuietTest Audiometric Enclosures met the demands of the project both in terms of achievable results and efficient delivery times.
Court Square Recordings, located in the heart of downtown Memphis, Tennessee, is home to both a recording studio and coffee shop.
Noise Barrier Walls were the perfect solution for high noise levels on the 9th floor mezzanine of a busy Mid-Town building.