QuietLine Concealer Barrier - Alamo Heights High School
The Problem Solvers Quietline™ SLR- Concealer Barrier Walls
Alamo Heights High School is a public high school located in the city of Alamo Heights, Texas. The school needed a barrier installed that would shield the community and school from mechanical noise.
The Project Parameters:
- Noise Barriers did field measurements and discovered that none of the steel embedded in the concrete was plumb/level.
- The team made adjustments to the design based on Noise Barriers field measurements.
- Installed Barrier Measured 77' x 38' x 20' high
- The school logo is mounted to structural framework behind the barrier through pre-made holes. The holes are draped with mass-loaded vinyl and filled with acoustic sealant.
- Using a team approach, and supporting the GC by doing field verification of the site conditions, we were able to avoid costly problems down the road.
The Noise Barriers Solution:
When Alamo Heights High School was in search of a noise solution for their school, they reached out to our Noise Barriers rep Matt Williams at Baros Industries, Dallas, Texas. Matt gathered all of the relevant information needed to address their problem. Early on it was determined that we had a complex problem on our hands that required Noise Barriers’ team approach to problem solving. It was determined that the SLR-Concealer panel would offer both the noise reduction and aesthetic appeal needed for the job. The SLR-Concealer panel is designed to slide over the front flange of the support steel framework. This hides the structural steel columns and provides a uniform and consistent vertical and horizontal reveal between the panels. The preformed corner panels add another nice finish detail.
This project was a success because we employed a deep team approach with members from multiple areas of expertise all of whom understood the final goal and worked together to achieve it.
Partnering with Veneklasen and Associates on the acoustics, Noise Barriers installed two QuietSlide power sliding STC 51 doors in tandem to guarantee the performance of the project.
The Dave Ramsey Show had a need for a custom broadcast studio that be viewable from the adjacent Baker Street Coffee shop.
PriceSmart Wholesale Clubs made the decision to offer hearing and vision screenings in several locations across Guatemala. QuietTest Audiometric Enclosures met the demands of the project both in terms of achievable results and efficient delivery times.
Court Square Recordings, located in the heart of downtown Memphis, Tennessee, is home to both a recording studio and coffee shop.
Noise Barrier Walls were the perfect solution for high noise levels on the 9th floor mezzanine of a busy Mid-Town building.